How does Ford Finance Lease work?
- 1. Select the Ford Commercial Vehicle that’s right for your business.
- 2. Choose the hire period that's right for you and your business
- 3. Your Dealer will calculate your initial payment and fixed monthly rental
4. At the end of the agreement you are responsible for selling the vehicle on behalf of Ford Lease by choosing one of the following options:
- a. Sell the vehicle on behalf of Ford Lease to a third party.
- b. Agree a part exchange price with your Ford Dealer and the Dealer purchases the vehicle from Ford Lease.
- 5. Alternatively, you may extend the agreement into a secondary period by paying a nominal peppercorn rental of £100 + VAT per year.
- 6. If you have taken Finance Lease with a ‘balloon’ option you must settle the ‘balloon’ amount with Ford Lease at the end of the primary term.
- 7. Ford Lease will return 100% of sales proceeds to you. Less any fees associated with the vehicle sale.
How does Ford Contract Hire work?
- 1. Select the Ford Commercial Vehicle you want.
- 2. Choose the hire period that's right for you and your business (between 24 and 60 months).
- 3. Choose your maintenance option.
- 4. Choose your estimated annual mileage.
- 5. Your Ford Dealer will then be able to calculate your initial payment and fixed monthly rental.
- 6. At the end of the agreement, simply return the vehicle to us, take out a new Ford Contract Hire agreement and collect the latest model.
Are your Commercial Vehicle finance products only available for new vehicles?
No. Selected used Ford Commercial Vehicles are also available. Please speak to your Ford Dealer who will have full details.
Which product is best for my business?
Whether you’re a sole trader, partnership or limited company, we have a product to suit your needs. Simply use the 'Help me choose' diagram and Product & Features table for more information. You should always seek independent advice when it comes to business finance.
Will the interest rate change throughout my agreement?
No. All our business finance products offer fixed rate agreements, so you'll know exactly what you'll be paying over the duration of the agreement.
Do you charge any fees?
There are no fees for Ford Contract Hire and Finance Lease. Our standard fees for Ford Acquire products are: £125 for the Finance Facility Fee and £95 for the Purchase Fee. However, these fees may vary dependent on Marketing Promotions available at the time.
Are there any tax or VAT benefits when financing business vehicles?
The tax and VAT benefits differ for each company and customers are advised to seek independent financial advice before making any decision about acquiring a vehicle for their business.
Will I need a deposit?
Ford Acquire: In general, there are no minimum deposit requirements. Occasionally certain Marketing Promotions may require minimum deposits for Ford Acquire products. VAT registered customers are required to put the VAT amount on the vehicle price down as a deposit.
Ford Contract Hire and Finance Lease: Customers are required to make an initial payment, which is typically six monthly rentals plus VAT.
Who owns the vehicle?
Ford Acquire: Your business will own the vehicle once all payments (including the Final Balloon Payment where applicable) and the Purchase Fee have been made.
Ford Contract Hire: Ford Lease (the lessor) is the legal owner of the vehicle, however, the customer (the lessee) is responsible for any service, maintenance and repair costs (unless covered by an optional maintenance agreement*) plus any additional costs such as parking fines, traffic violations or accident damage.
Finance Lease: Ford Lease (the lessor) is the legal owner of the vehicle and the customer (the lessee) is the registered keeper of the vehicle.